Thursday, April 14, 2011

Recent life

I have not been blogging for a while, I doubt if I can still write a good article with proper English. The reason I'm here of course is that I have something to share. Life has been journeying as per norm, yet there are times that we can spice it up a little bit, like travel.

I'm pleased for being able to tick off the list of things I wanted to do since last year. Last year in October, I went to Taiwan, and visited my uncle, who passed away, as well as my grandparents. I had a better sense of closeness to my roots in Taiwan than ever before, and I am planning to go back again by the end of this year.

The second destination that I decided to travel on, was Seoul, South Korea. Managed to grab a flight ticket with an extraordinary price in August last year, I traveled there at the end of March. With a little disappointment, I was not able to see the cherry blossoms, because I booked the tickets a week earlier... However, the good thing is, it was still sort of considered as the end low season, before the crowd of tourists and visitors flood into Seoul, and that's why I get to experience a bit of Seoul people's real life.

Just like New Zealand, I'd never dreamed about the possibility of being able to reach there. It is a miracle, a gift of grace from God above. South Korea is a beautiful country, with their very own unique culture and way of life. 5 days in Seoul made me felt like a local, I took the subway just like the locals, with the locals, I ate like a local, I went to shop at the places where locals only go. Although it was too short to get to know them deeper, it was an eye-opening experience for me to appreciate the beauty of Korea.

No comments: