Saturday, November 15, 2008

Update

It has been long since I updated my previous post. I had no internet access and no time to go out and surf the internet since I start work. Yes, I started work at a hospital kitchen in Singapore, amazing huh… Well, it has been challenging so far, but still manageable. Just feeling tired since there is so much to learn and so much to do. My job is to supervise the kitchen and make sure no food poisoning will occur.

I have learnt and grown a lot through this uneasy time of my life. Working in a new environment, taking myself out of the comfort zone is always not easy. Especially in a setting which facing so much sufferings and deaths, it’s hard not to consider life in a deeper level. I am depending on God more than ever now, struggling with my unbelief and fears each day. But He has provided me sufficient grace and strength to overcome each day’s troubles. I learnt that His grace is sufficient for the day, unless I renew my mind, confess my sins, and submit myself to Him each day, I could not retrieve enough strength and courage to face the challenges. I will be easily drained. However, His power is displayed in my weaknesses, I need to believe that in fact He loves me, and He conquered sin and death. Therefore I will rejoice, and worship Him by serving others earnestly in my workplace.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Woot, awesome to hear you are doing well and settling into your new job. All the best, hope to hear more from you :)