Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Impression Vietnam: Highlights

13 days in Vietnam is just nice, though it would be better if we have another day in Dalat. ;p Did a lot of online research beforehand, yet I did not know what to expect in Vietnam. Overall it was an awesome and memorable trip, first is the people whom I travel with, my parents, the people whom we met all the way, the rich culture, wonderful sceneries, and yummy delicacies. For me it is the first time I really travel a 'real' South East Asian country outside Malaysia (no Singapore is not SEA at all, haha). Due to it's unique historical and political background, Vietnam is almost different than anywhere I have been too. Firstly, I have never seen a McDonalds, Starbucks, 7 Eleven, or Watsons throughout Vietnam (Yes, believe me it's true. There's KFC tho). Secondly, hardly anyone speaks English here other than tour guides and hotel staff, even people in the airport has zero english. Thirdly, no traffic rules here (yeah!).

I was expecting Halong Bay a lot but maybe because of the weather it didn't impress me as much.

Most locals and myself prefer Tam Coc Bich Dong in Ninh Binh (Also known as Halong Bay on land).

Every place is unique in itself, has its own culture, food and sceneries.

Lao Chai Village - Sapa

Bac Ha Market

My Son Sanctuary


Tortoise Pagoda, Hoan Kiem Lake - Hanoi

Chua Ong, Hoi An

Nha Trang Beach

Notre Dam Cathedral - Saigon

One thing that makes Vietnam memorable is the friendship. The common language shared between human of all kinds is a simple smile and simple act of kindness. Love Vietnam, will miss you always.

1 comment:

Janicelees said...

wow..looks good!