Saturday, June 05, 2010

GPS

Okay it has been a long while since I last updated my blog here... well... how should I describe my life at the moment? I got a car, which makes me happy and much more convenient in getting around the city. But... it's like there is a place /destination where I wanted to reach, therefore I start doing everything, I get a job, I bought a car, but then half way through, I'd forgotten why am I doing all this things? Where am I going to? Then I keep driving and driving, then a road sign caught my attention, then I just follow where the sign leads to... then I see another road sign, then I follow that way... then I keep driving and driving... sometimes I might receive some enjoyment along the way, but I'd totally forgotten why am I driving at the first place, and why am I here... Then I need a GPS, to key in my destination and follow it so that I will reach the right place.

I know having a relationship with God is the key of joyfulness, but why is it so hard to make myself to listen from Him? K I just need to pray and read the Word, and fellowship with other believers, yet it looks like a huge mountain to climb - seems overwhelmingly hard. Afraid of commitment? Scared of disappointment? Perhaps. But my life and relationships will never get in the right place until I've settled my relationship with God.

The more (materials) I get in life, the emptier the soul it seems. I can never be rich enough, pretty enough, smart enough, savvy enough compared with others. There are always someone better out there. Self-contented? Nah don't lie to yourself. What makes you self-contented? What is your dream? What do you want to achieve in life? What is your life purpose? Who created you and why? Where will you be in afterlife? Start think about it again and it might get you back into the right track.

No comments: