Friday, February 06, 2009

Huayi Chinese Festival of Arts

After the inspiring shows at Huayi Festival of Chinese Arts at the Esplanade, I feel alive again and feel so blessed by being who I am. Firstly was the east west fusion jazz – with Chinese ‘San Xian’, Indian drums, keyboard, bongo and conga. The band played a few good pieces providing good starter for the night. Then I was dragged unwillingly before the show finish to watch the Taiwanese puppets. I had never seen these puppets live before, but I used to love it on TV as a toddler, and mum told me a lot about puppets as those are her important childhood element. The puppets were so lively and I feel sense of warmth and joy from the bottom from my heart. Lastly, I was dragged again to watch the drums show, originated from my high school, now a famous team performing in many countries. The drum team from my high school is the best in the country, and I loved to watch it as it stirs my heart with every drumbeat. I used to buy tickets to watch the drum performance with my friends and the show tonight brings back a lot of memories.

No comments: