Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Down again

Fear is overwhelming me,

Have I made the right choice?

What is right? What is wrong?

What is pleasing God? What is not pleasing Him?


How long will I be grilled and restless?

How long can I maintain my faith?

I have faith in God, but have no faith in myself.


I am afraid.

I thought I made a choice, and a right choice

I thought I can rest after that

But no

Still I am restless, without peace


What can be more horrible than human beings?

I am scared

Of other human beings

Scared of their selfishness, politics

Scared that I will be bullied


Above all, I am afraid of regret

Of making the wrong choice

Of wearying myself down

Of bringing extra troubles and miseries in life


I thought I can have a normal job

Go to church on Sundays

Spending time with family on public holidays

And I realised, no

Not with the choice I’ve made


I will sacrifice my weekends and holidays

Sacrifice my church day

Sacrifice time spending with my family

No… why I am being brought to test like this again and again?


Why do I always not know how to make the right choice?

Why is it always me myself to be blamed?

Why am I putting myself in a misery?

I hate of being regret… I don’t want to regret


But this is what always happened to me

Maybe it is not as bad as I thought…

Maybe…

2 comments:

Janicelees said...

how come? They didnt let you know about that, did they? uhm may be u cud share how u feel abt working on weekends and public holidays??

Anne said...

no I don't know my working hours yet. They didn't mention it in my second interview or when i sign contract even i asked them. they said they'll let me know but not yet. but i think i have to... cos i remembered she mentioned that in my first interview.