Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Random thoughts

I am stuck with my computer! Should go out and get something to fill my stomach but I find this addictive... hehe. Seems long time since I am able to reflect upon what I have been through recently. Life here, well... different. Being independent is no difference as in NZ, just that I am more independent now, of which less people I can depend on. That's good though, that means God is taking me out of my comfort zone, and pushing me beyond the limits, and challenge me to breakthrough and grow as I approach adulthood.

I have been blessed so much with my brothers and sisters in Christ, in my church and a friend's church which I am visiting. I know the 'truths' but now I am experiencing it, one of it is that only in God's family, the community which I desire to live with can only be found. These people have shown kindness and friendliness towards me, and it means a lot for me who without family in Singapore. Also, I love the food, jazz and arts scene here in Singapore, so much quality live performances/exhibitions are going on, some of them are free, which is brilliant. Not to forget mention the community clubs here, I just joined a loyalty programme by Community Clubs in Sg, which provides discounts and informations on arts events, nature walks, shop & dine, and various community activities, how good is that?

Nevertheless, work is the heavier part of my life. It has been a lot better since I attended church services on last two Sundays. The Word of God does helps to strengthen my faith and creates peace of mind, and the Spirit touch comes with the confession of sins and holy communion reminded me of who I am and how much Christ means in my life. I can 't stop repeating this again and again, that without Christ, I am Nothing, and I am unable to enjoy what I have at the moment, and I will live in great fear and depression everyday. Life is empty without him, life has no meaning without him. The longer I walk with Him, the more longing I am to know Him and to be with Him.

Another 'truth' I am experiencing is this: to be a great leader, is to serve. There is no other way to 'earn' others respect (indeed to earn ones respect is a sign of pride) other than humbly serve the people, with great sincerity. Serve the staff, workers, boss and patients, so that Christ glory will be magnified and I can be the salt and light to them. All these people need God, they need to know Him, and they need His light, to overcome the darkness in their hearts. As what Pastor Caleb Tong preached in the church on Sunday, we should bless, and not curse. If the person deserves the blessing, he will be blessed. In contrast, if the person does not deserve the blessing, the blessing will come back to me, who blesses, and I will be doubly blessed! Oh how wonderful is the analogy. And don't forget God is a Just God, he will judge the world with perfect righteousness, and it is His job to judge or condemn, not me. My duty is to love, to forgive, and to bless those who has been wrong or harsh to me.

It is time for me to practice the 'Truths' I've been learning from God. I'm amazed at how efficient God uses my past, my learning and my experiences. Not even one of them is 'wasted', all the things I have learnt and experienced from the past, and my knowledge of who God is, determines how I am going to solve the problems in life and how my character will be in the midst of difficulties.

Even I do not know Him fully, but by faith and the knowledge I have learnt from the Bible, I can continue to persevere yet rejoice until my last breath in this temporal life.

No comments: