Monday, October 19, 2009

I love my hummus


I always wanted to make my own hummus, because it is not easy to get here and the imported ones are quite expensive. After gathering my basic ingredients, yesterday I finally put my thoughts into action. It is so yummy having it with prata or any bread. The following are my ingredients:

Dried chickpeas (Soaked overnight and boiled in water with a pinch of salt for over 1 hour)
Few cloves of garlic
Fresh lime juice (can't find lemon)
Salt and Pepper
Olive oil

Another variation was added
Black Sesame Powder (got it from Daiso, cheaper than tahini)
Dried parsley

Blend the ingredients together with some water (I use the one from boiling chickpeas to optimise the nutrition). :)

The 'real' hummus includes lemon juice, tahini, and some cumin or paprika.

Can try it at home, it's a healthier substitute for fat or sugar based spreads. Try it with baked pita or baked tortilla chips (I'm yet to try). Enjoy. :)

1 comment:

Janicelees said...

Yummm...