Sunday, December 03, 2006

God is faithful to my family

God is faithful indeed. Sometimes I just need I little bit more courage and trust in God and He will accomplish what He intend to do. I was praying hard that my family can find a good church to attend and willing to commit. I don’t really care about myself that much, I mean I can go back to NZ and have my fellowship there, but my family need a good church to be involved in. I hope that they can see the truth more and more and delight in God. My parents had brought me to church because I wanted to, and we never been to that church before. It was a Chinese service, and many old people were there. The worship team was not the best, but people were praising God wholeheartedly, although the congregation was not big, but everyone came to shake our hands and welcomed us. The pastor was not a good speaker, he cannot even speak fluently in mandarin, but the teaching was from the bible and the word of God penetrates people’s hearts. Today’s sermon was about John 15:5-8, it was very relevant to our current situation. He says we need to desire God with our hearts and worship God everyday (include prayer), have fellowship with other Christians, and read His Word. And God has 3 blessings for us: His grace, His providence, and His strength. And we need to pray frequently to let His grace flow through us, and strengthen us. We are like branches, and Jesus is the vine. Without drawing nutrients from the vine, the branches can do nothing. I was glad, my mum likes it, and she wants to go there again. The church people were a bit shy but they were very friendly. Besides, on 15th the church is going to have a musical drama about the story of love among the aboriginals in Sarawak (my homeland), I was eager to go to watch even before the church offer free tickets for our family! God was working, He is faithful, even we failed and remain faithless for so many times.

1 comment:

jjh said...

Hey Anne,

Good to hear how God has been faithful - good blog too!

Hey - can you email me i@me.net.nz - I don't think I have your email and want to email you.

Be good,
Jonny