Thursday, November 30, 2006

Do nothing at home and go crazy soon

The fear I had before coming back to Malaysia has intensified. I have not get a job yet, and been sitting at home for almost 2 weeks doing nothing. My friends are busy, have not meet them yet, and I do not have money to go shopping or travel around. I do not know why God let this happen again and again. My life is still same as before I go to New Zealand. It is like, I have been to paradise, and now put me back to hell. Why I have to come back? Because I have not seen my family for 2 years. Why I have to work? So that I do not have to be a burden for my family. Why I have to work here? Because my mum wants me to stay here with her longer. Why I have difficulties to find a job, meet a friend or find a good church? Because transport is not convenient here. I used to able to take only one bus to reach city centre, now I need two. If I want to go back to my former school, I need to take 4 different vehicles, including LRT, I used to take 2-3. I don’t mind to travel, but it is not safe out there, my house nearby there was a robbery yesterday that the robber got killed by security. Robbery and rape or other crime activities are very common here, although I trust God can protect me, but do I have to risk myself? I only have 2 months to work. Nobody wants to hire me. Yes I can work in retail, but I need to sacrifice public holidays and weekends, that means I cannot go to church. It is hard to decide, I rather to suffer for something meaningful, but not. I am doing nothing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne relax and take a deep breath. It sounds like you are getting pretty wound up about things. I know what its like being stuck at home with nothing to do, been there and done that alot hehe. Can drive one crazy. A nice walk in a park or gardens would do you well I bet.

"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles;

They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:31

Work is hard to get for short term yes. I am having the same issue. I don't know what the work environment is like there, but is there much part time work? I have been trying to get fulltime work these 2 weeks and not having any luck yet, whereas others I know do 2 or 3 part time jobs. Perhaps this is a route to investigate. Employers of part time roles won't be so fussy to worry about you staying 2 months I think.

You will be fine.

Anne said...

Thanks Scott, a company called me this morning for interview on Monday. I'm quite nervous because it is a proper job of nutrition counsellor, not just any part time job. And I am not sure if they know that I am going to work only for 2 months only, but I prayed to God and read from Psalm 118: "The Lord is with me, I will not be afraid, what can man do to me?" Ya, I am not too worry now, if that is God's will, he will help me, for he is with me, and he is my helper. :)

Ya no matter what, we need to learn how to rest in the Lord, put our trust in Him, and satisfy in him while waiting.

Scott Mackay said...

Is that Scott from Dunedin? Hey!

Hi Anne, sounds like a real struggle. Great to hear you've been reading 'Guidance and the Voice of God' - great huh. Summer can be a depressing time when you're away from friends/fellowship and other support. I find it can be a good time to read and memorise scripture, pray, and stay in touch with friends who can encourage me in the faith. :)