Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Back in KL

Finally I’m back at home after 2 years in New Zealand. Everything seems not much different here. It’s like I never been away. Weather and temperature are just nice. Food is nice; connection speed is awesomely fast at home (with broadband). Yesterday during the trip from Auckland to KL I met many different people: a German photographer for international car rally championship, a Malaysian software developer who is going to travel around Asia, an Indian man who wants to buy an external hard drive in KL, and a Malaysian PhD pharmacy student from Otago University. I was thinking about God all the time, and hope I can have meaningful conversations with these people. Only for the pharmacist, who was sitting beside me in the plane, I managed to talk about God and shared the gospel with him within the last 2 hours. Before that I was struggling if I should talk about God with him, I did not want to. But deep in my heart I knew God wants me to, and I prayed that He will make the progress easier if that is His will. I prayed before I have the meal, and he asked if I am a Christian, and we started the conversation about God. We had a very interesting conversation. He is a Roman Catholic, but believes all religion leads to God, like Christianity and Islam are the same. I told him that Jesus is the only way, truth, and life, and I encouraged him to seek the truth, to read the bible. He said we Christians always have a group of people do things together, and seems very “holy” and he doesn’t want to be involved. He is kind of nice guy and doesn’t want to offend me, he told me he has his own set of belief, but respects mine. But anyways, I managed to take out two ways to live and shared the gospel with him, I don’t know if he got it or not, I have done everything that I can. I was happy then, because I won’t have regrets. Oh ya, I met Fran while boarding, we were shocked seeing each other there. We didn’t sit together, but we were walking together after we arrived KL.

That guy asked me a question: Why Christians always say heaven is up there in the sky, and hell is down there in the earth?
I didn't answer him directly, I said I wasn't sure. But I asked him why he wants to know, I told him God is everywhere all the time. Heaven and hell exist, but are spiritual realm. I don't know if I said it right?

2 comments:

Scott Mackay said...

Sounds great Anne, I'm so encouraged that you got that opportunity! Have a great time in KL, and keep stuck into the Word.

That's a complicated question about heaven/hell. I think it mainly has to do with God's judgement for sin being death, where we return to the ground (dust to dust etc). God dwells above us, he rules the universe. Heaven can simply mean 'sky', but of course God lives far above the creation that he has made.

It's important that when God renews the universe there will be a 'new heaven and a new earth' and we will dwell with God in the new place he provides for us. (Revelation 21-22)

Anne said...

Thanks Scott that's awesome. ;)