Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Rejoices in the truth and glorify God

My faith and obedience comes when I realise that how big God is, and how small I am. God is opposite to me: He is big, glorious, mighty, sovereign, powerful, and strong; but I am small, fallen short of God’s glory, insignificant for the world, powerless, and weak. Yet He still loves me, still willing to die for me, have mercy on me, want to involve in my life, and want me to be happy, for His own glory. He deserves everything I have and I am. He deserves my praise, worship, and thanksgiving. He alone deserves everything.

“God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him” says John Piper. This has challenged me a lot. I never see God in this way before. “Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” (Psalm 37:4) Delight, rejoice, satisfy in the lord, and seek His kingdom first… As humans we have the desires to be satisfied, the problem comes when we pursuing the wrong things to satisfy our desires. We thought when we gain this or that we can be happy, but we missed out the greatest joy and what we created for: to desire and glorify God. We could not see that if we keep ourselves occupied with pursuing temporary happiness and satisfaction from worldly means, or being anxious. God is good, he created us for his glory, and at the same time he wants us to be happy. We can have greatest joy and satisfaction when we our greatest desire is to glorify God. Pursuing joy and glorify God can be one passion, according to Piper. What is this one passion? To Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. (Deuteronomy 6:5) Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. (1 Corinthians 13:6) How to love? By rejoices with the truth. How to know the truth? By reading and meditating upon the word of God, be truthful, and obey the truth. These are just my little thoughts.

No comments: