Saturday, August 22, 2009

Justify Full

Feeling complex right now. Tomorrow is my last day of work. I don't know how to conclude. I even doubt whether I have made the right decision. When I look at myself in a third person position, I am shocked that how can a person so contradicting to herself?

There are two worlds, two kinds of people in my life. They are the same in nature, they are humans, normal people, but they have different personalities. I grouped them into two because I can relate well to one group, but cannot relate to the other group at all. I do not know whether I tried to pretend or tried to be someone else to please everyone, until I do not know who I am anymore. I feel like a solar energy activated device, like a calculator, only works under light, but useless in darkness. Or a laptop without battery, completely rely on the power input from the wire cable. I feel 'normal' when I am being with Godly, Christian friends, yet when I am within the world, I lost my light and saltiness, I feel dead. Why is it? I tried to remember the bible and God's goodness but my memory is just so bad. I can only remember things which are related to things happening at the moment or things completely unrelated at all, but cannot remember the things which really matters.

How do I conclude my current job? On one hand I feel that I had done my best, and I solved a lot of problems and made things straight, I helped whenever I can, tried to be a good worker in God's and people's sight, and I had contributed some useful ideas and input to the department. Yet on the other hand, I feel completely useless. After talking to my colleagues, I feel that my presence had brought a lot of trouble to the department, and everyone had tried to help me yet I still could not ''get myself up'' to do the things I suppose to do. The worst thing is my mouth. Even how hard I tried to guard my mouth still I said a lot of things I'm not supposed to said to people I'm not supposed telling to. I don't know when is the right time to speak, when is the right time to remain silent. In fact, I always do the opposite, that's maybe why I got myself into a dilemma. One side of me feels strongly to stay and make a difference in the workplace, prove myself right. The other side of me strongly feel that I am wasting my life, this is not the path I destined to walk, there are something else out there for me to discover and accomplish. I think, other than personality clashes and cultural differences at work, I am torn inside my inmost being as well.

I can repent and sing God's song for a moment. Yet another time complaining about other people and everything. I hate myself for so divided. I can be simple, one heart, purely worshiping God for a moment, and the next moment I feel self pity and ashamed for myself, but thinking others are not much better. How evil I am! Or I can laugh and celebrating my freedom from all these commitments and bondages, but at the same time sad and disappointed with myself for being irresponsible and unable to endure and commit to make a difference? Between myself, people, a dream, and God, whom/which do I really really live for? Sometimes I live for myself, sometimes I live for my family, sometimes I live for someone whom I admire, sometimes I live for my dream, sometimes I live for God. I 'vowed' to God at some points of life that I will believe in Him and love Him with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength. I do, when I remember. But when I forget, I don't know who I lived for. Does it meant that I do not love God enough? Maybe I don't, because I am not capable to, I am an emotionally handicapped person, I have problem loving others. Even I do, I'm unable to love with all my being all the time, but only fragments of time.

My heart can tell me to serve God and love Him and do His Will, but my heart will tell me to follow my dreams, for youth is God-given and short-lived, and I should enjoy the most while I can. My rationale is telling me that I should deny myself, do something meaningful even it will cost my youth and dreams. Will God give me a dream and through this dream I can serve His Kingdom? Or will God give me something seems impossible to do, to test my obedience and devotion to Him, then later on only reveal the fruits? How open should I open myself to God? It will be better for Him to limit down the options so that I can choose carefully and correctly, the road which leads to something which has everlasting value.

How can I love God and try not to talk about Him at the same time? How can I love God and pretend I don't pray before I eat? Why do I pretend as if there is no God in my life? How can I do that? Why do I know I need to submit to authorities but still crossing red lights? At the very moment I was doing it I was thinking over it as well, my will is strong but not strong enough to change my actions. As if my brain, my four limbs, my mouth, my ears, my eyes, all working on their own, like government hospital. I have less and less sense of 'control' in at own body, work, and life itself.

I just want to be simple. Even I pride but hate about myself at the same time. Do I love myself? Which type of love? Narcissism? Or love myself as a temple of Christ?

Lord, I had failed you many many times, too many until I am too ashamed to ask for you acceptance again. Look at the horrible me and the unquenchable longings I have, there is no other place for answer except one thing: "Unconditional Love" which only can be found in Jesus Christ. The Law fails, I hate the laws, everyone is trying to be judges and placing judgement on every single person they met. Even a world can run 'smoothly' under man made laws, it is meaningless. For what? If it is not to protect weak and poor, and bring justice for the victims, to protect people from getting hurt, what is the law for? Law is law. Law is dead. There is nothing wrong to cover our own 'backsides', therefore directly or indirectly is blame is pushed to others, but someone has to bear the blame, and be punished. Love is different. Something Singaporeans has a lot to learn for. Love is patient, love is kind, love is when someone go volunteer himself and take up the blame and punished for other's 'sins'. But the problem is, after the person is free from punishment, he goes on and goes on doing that same thing and making others to absorb his blame. Is it fair? Can love surpasses the law, at the same time justice is being made? Too complicated. If I have to choose one, I choose to hate my rotten, dying flesh, and trust the bible says that one day Jesus will come again, and our bodies will be transformed into glory. Hate myeself - Love God - Wait in Hope like a sweet, quiet, child.



No comments: