Thursday, February 25, 2010

Greatness of God

How I grieved when I heard my mum said "Buddhism is good, the way the Buddhist see things are beautiful, their arts, photography has wonderfully expressed the beauty of something we never realized for, unlike Christians trying to use music create a fake atmosphere and fake glory". I said to mum, "Mum, God is the one who created everything, His glory is something way beautiful that we can never imagine, everything beautiful comes from the Lord". Yet I feel so ashamed of myself, that I have failed to reflect His beauty in my life, I live indifferently just as good as others who don't know the Lord. How we as Christians reflect the glory of God? Instead of using the technology to create the "high and spiritual (drunken)" atmosphere during worship service, is there any other way we can perceive and reflect the glory of God? How when we don't idolize things and materialize God while we can help people to see God as He is? It is good but disturbing to understand that there is no other way but read the Bible and learn the Word of God and let the Word itself through the Spirit touch each individual's heart.

If law is the heart of Islam, morale and discipline is the heart of modern Buddhism, then love is the heart of Christianity. Out of love we obey the laws, out of love we discipline ourselves, out of love we do good and expect nothing in return, because Christ has gave out His everything on the Cross. God loves us, therefore he created us, and appointed his only Son to die and rose again. We cannot explain the difference of Christianity than other religions unless we focus on the Cross. We all have turned away from God and deserved to be punished for our rebellion (declares ourselves god) and be separated from God forever. Yet the Lord choose to save us by punishing His own son, who came as God embodied in flesh, lived a life full with temptations but remained sinless, and willingly to accept the inhuman treatment, stricken, afflicted and took the pain and bleed by nailed on the cross, in order to take up the wrath of God on our behalf, so that in believing Him we can escape the eternal condemnation. This is called grace, not cheap grace that costs nothing and can give to anyone, but grace that is given by his precious blood to those who believe in Christ.

Islam requires their believers to adhere to the laws in order to enter the paradise with 7 virgins, Buddhism requires people to do good in order to rid their 'sins' so that they can incarnate to a higher being in the next life, but Christianity requires us to repent, to turn back from our sins and believe that Jesus is the Son of God, so that we can be accepted by God eternally. Which is greater? Discipline that is being demanded in order to exchange for something, or obedience that is prompted by the sacrificial love and glory of God?

We bless others by overflowing our blessings from God, but at first have we receive His blessings and recognizing them? Blessings of knowing who He is, the joy of knowing that God is with us and in us, and the privilege of serving Him along with other believers.

Father, I have failed to reflect your light and glory when people can't see joy and goodness in my life. I can't retrieve my understanding of You when I don't open the Bible and hear from you. I can't love others while I am blinded from your love for me. I can't tell others about you when I am ashamed of my failures as a Christian. Lord, discipline me because I want to keep myself close to you, and keep my eyes and ears opened to your light and voice. I surrender my guilt, shamefulness and fears so that I can receive your grace. Let me keep my faith and keep myself holy so that people can see the difference of me being a Christian. Hide me behind the cross and humble me under your knees so that I will never swell up to pride. Set me free as your Child, therefore not being controlled by tricks of the devil again. In Christ's holy name, Amen.

No comments: