Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thoughts of life

Gutted the previous post that I typed out was all gone and it saved automatically after I accidentally erased the whole lot. Thought it was a good one… Oh well…

Just said that I gained a lot of insights from my experience here in Te Anau. Firstly is the importance of companion, no matter it is a partner, a family member, a workmate, or a friend. It is impossible to live by myself, without involving anyone in my life, it is impossible. I simply could not enjoy life by not sharing with another person. Thank God I have a few good workmates, my host family, a church lady who is so kind, warm and friendly, and nice church people. What more should I ask for? I have a reasonably good job and pay, nice place to stay, stunning views of mountains, sky, and lake everyday. A simple life, which I always been looking for, actually, this is the life that I have been looking for, although it would be more perfect if someone could experience it with me, but I should be content with what I have and what I am experiencing at the moment. For a temporal life in this broken world, this is the best way I could live, maybe. I am free from pleasing people, free from live up to people’s expectations, free from commitments apart from work, free from hurting other people, free from worries about money, free to be me. It could be lonely at times, but it is simple life, simple as it is, having time and heart for God alone.

I realised that, trying to live a life without God is in vain. No matter how much money you have, how much time or possibility you have to satisfy your cravings and desires, you will never satisfy the vacuum in your heart that is meant to be filled by God. You will never find fulfilment in this fallen world, even you have greatest dreams and ambitions, without God in the picture. When you reach there, you will say, is this all it is? This is not enough, I want more. You will crave for more, and you will never be content. Until one day you realised what you trying to do is all in vain, for everything will pass away, then you will turn back to God, and realised how much you have wasted your life, how many people who loved you you have hurted, how much things you could have done but never do. You would wish if only you could turn back time and start it all over again, but it’s too late. The only hope you can find is Jesus, through His blood you could have the second chance, to live life to the full.

No comments: