Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lord, I am ready

Stuck in this concrete jungle, I am forgetting that the world once, or in other places, is beautiful, and full of hope. I refused to pursue a comfortable wonderful life for myself, for I would not have a good conscience. If I truly love other people, if I truly love God, how I could pretend there is no one who is suffering, pretend that everyone is able to help themselves, pretend everyone already know the Truth? I can’t say that I can help much, I can’t say that I am able to influence the society, tragically I can’t even influence my own family, even struggling in myself!

Seeing everyone eating healthily, physically active, protect the environment, living sustainable, loving themselves and one another, respect one another, giving way to one another, ultimately loving God, is my dream. This distorted community, society, city, country, world is far from my ideal. It is disturbing, corrupting, and disgusting. Would it help if I move to another place, so I would hide myself from all the troubles in the world? Or saying that, ‘I can’t do anything anyway, so better avoid everything while I can: runaway.’ What does God says? He is saying that we are sinful, we are helpless to ourselves, we couldn’t save ourselves, we just keep sinning and digging graves for our own, not just that, walking a path that leads to destruction, a total mess! In a world without God there is no such thing as love, joy, peace, beauty, because the further away we are from God, the more unfamiliar we are with those concepts, because He is the only source, only He is Holy.

I believe God is able, and He is working. I want to participate in the work in which He is doing, I don’t know what will it be like, I don’t know what exactly He is doing, I don’t know how many people are involved. But I know, if I want to fulfil my dream, He is the only way, truth, and life, and apart from following Him there is no other way.

Lord, I am here, ready to be used by you. I am an untrained athlete, a new soldier, weak and helpless. But I have a heart to serve You, even though I don’t know how. I want to involve in a fellowship that loves you, seeks to glorify you, humbling themselves to learn your truth, and putting you as the centre, above all else. I want to involve, take part in something meaningful. May the days of serving you cheerfully, hunger for your word, praying for one another, having fun together, may those days come back to me, and blessing those who never experience all that before – the joy of truly knowing you, the joy of loving one another, the joy of proclaiming the Truth.

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Anne,

This is Jay from Palmy...I just wanted to share a little word of encouragement with you.

Isaiah 40:30-32:

"Even the youths shall faint and be weary,

And the young men shall utterly fall,

But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength;

They shall mount up with eings like eagles,

They shall run and not be weary,

They shall walk and not faint."

So, just hold on to that hope and claim His promise in this time of waiting...He WILL strengthen you and help you...

Rest assured we are all praying for you here..

God Bless :-)

Jay